Senior UX Designer
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administering programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut, Lebanon and in Bozeman, Montana and other team members working remotely around the world.
It's our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that's not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we'd love to hear from you.
Who You Are
- You’ve led the end-to-end design process for complex digital applications, particularly within the constraints of form factor (web/mobile), SAAS applications and localization (languages/currency).
- You’ve led the creation of a design system, have championed its use, and know when to use established patterns vs. creating new ones.
- You’re a clear, confident and skilled presenter of your work, which can be demonstrated through your interactive design portfolio.
- You have an eye for clean design that is both visually polished, and tells a clear story that guides your users to the information they need
- You've run your own user interviews and usability tests in a non-academic setting, you’ve socialized your findings with stakeholders, and you have a knack for seeing past what people say they want to what they truly need.
- You're comfortable partnering with cross-functional project teams to see your designs through from idea to implementation.
- You’re effective at communicating with all stakeholders – especially those not familiar with the design discipline – knowing when to listen, when to contribute and when to evangelize in a manner that demonstrates mastery and earns trust.
- You're comfortable adapting your chosen process and methods to address the needs of specific projects, without significant guidance.
- You possess a curiosity and a proven track record of continual learning/self-education in the field of human centered design.
- You have solid experience working in the UX field, have been in a business/client-facing role, and can independently manage your work and balance conflicting needs across business, users, and technology.
What You'll Do
As Senior UX Designer you will have the unique opportunity to help drive human-centered design, customer discovery and product design experiences in this growing enterprise-level learning and development ecosystem. In this role, you will leverage your experience across the full design stack of user insights & research, service design, information design, interaction and visual design to bring clarity, simplicity and value to our enterprise Training Operations customers.
Customer Understanding & Service Design
- Champion and lead qualitative and quantitative user research of our customer experiences, including needs assessment, validation, synthesis and prioritization.
- Bring your research to life and build shared understanding through design documentation: customer journeys, service blueprints, insight-opportunity frameworks, personas, stories, prototypes or final designs.
- Contribute to and maintain a service vision of the necessary user experience priorities (spanning behaviors, processes and systems) required to satisfy our enterprise customers.
- Partner with business stakeholders, product and development partners to define how best to organize the customer experience across the platform, including information organization and the user experience/interface transitions across the platform
- Understand and be able to lead heuristic reviews of existing products to inform areas of improvement
- Create wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, user flows, information architecture diagrams, or other artifacts required to build shared understanding across cross-functional teams
- Champion and curate our UX Design System, leveraging industry standard interaction and interface design best practices, and ensuring adherence and broader use by the business intelligence development community
Human-Centered Design leadership and education
- Contribute to the literacy, use and evolution of design thinking, product design and service design across the organization, to better serve customers and build business value
- Partner with other members of the UX team to build service maturity, regularly evaluating and updating elements of the team’s design operations
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, Psychology or related field.
- Solid professional experience, variety of industries a plus
- Postgraduate qualification a plus
- Interactive design portfolio submitted with application
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4 day week) plus 6 Company holidays
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- 401K with matched contributions
- Excellent health cover
- Vision and dental
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist
- Note: relocation for this role is not available, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.