Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administering programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut, Lebanon and in Bozeman, Montana and other team members working remotely around the world.
It's our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that's not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we'd love to hear from you.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Solutions Engineer and passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve and you love solving problems. You’re technical and are familiar with programming concepts and relational databases. You are able to quickly recognize more complex problems and take the lead on getting the right people together to come up with a solution.
You’re customer focused and are all about making customers successful using your products. You utilize your excellent communication skills to interact both externally with prospects and customers, and internally with multiple departments. You’re also a great listener, empathetic and practical, able to hear customer challenges and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value.
You’re striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it’s never something to hide behind, because you don’t do ‘ok’. If something isn’t working you want to know why and focus attention on solutions. You’re honest to a fault.
You love to work with smart people and thrive on getting things done. Small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled. Bureaucracy is for someone else who likes wasting time and effort.
What You'll Do
As part of the Professional Services team, you will have a key role in ensuring customer (and business) success by working alongside our Sales team to identify and document solutions for prospective customers using our platform. Then during the implementation project, you will be responsible for the configuration of the platform to meet customer needs based on the agreed upon scope and within the existing functionality of the platform. In addition, you will collaborate with Product Managers for new product features that are required for the customer’s success.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Defining solutions that deliver customer value using the Administrate platform.
- Identifying patterns of issues that Administrate’s product could solve for customers and collaborating with product management for their prioritization and delivery.
- Supporting Sales, Account Management and Product teams to understand and document business problems and design solutions that make our customers successful.
- Communicate and oversee the solution delivery with Project/Implementation Managers.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) skills, able to interact both externally with prospects and customers, and internally with multiple departments.
- Deep understanding of technical architectures and security requirements.
- Technical skills that include proficiency with one or more programming languages concepts and SQL.
- Experience with REST API and/or GraphQL API.
- Ability to recognize more complex problems and take the lead on getting the right people together to come up with a solution.
- Solutions focused, strong “systems thinking” skills and background.
- A sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve company objectives.
- Empathetic and practical, able to hear customer challenges and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value.
- Comfortable working with teams across time zones through web conferencing, but also comfortable meeting face to face with a customer when needed (pandemic protocols permitting).
- Team-focused, deriving satisfaction from seeing your team and the customer succeed.
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4 day week) plus 6 Company holidays
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- 401K with matched contributions
- Excellent health cover
- Vision and dental
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist
Note: relocation for this role is not available, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.