Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administering programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have bases in Lebanon, USA and Ireland as well as other team members working remotely around the world.
It's our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that's not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we'd love to hear from you.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster.
You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it.
You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Engineering team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll be part of a team of other Software Engineers, focused on delivering for our customers, helping solve problems and supporting the growth and development of your colleagues.
You'll take ownership of your work and be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. True to our company values of Always Improving and Built on Team, we're all about collaboration. Our teams continuously review and test each other's code, provide feedback regularly and share best practices.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with a supportive team to ship projects that deliver value for our customers and the business
- Understanding how and why Administrate products are used by customers and the value that we provide
- Collaborating with your team and product management to design and build new functionality with an understanding of requirements and success metrics
- Providing regular and constructive feedback to colleagues, both in and out of code reviews
- Bringing teams together to solve problems
- Helping us to build a world class product and a world class engineering team by contributing to a culture of continuous improvement
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4 day week) plus 6 Company holidays
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Retirement savings
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist